Interstate Relocation with Children & Support

Interstate Relocation and Support Attorneys in Morristown, New Jersey

The Right Move for You & Your Children

The issue is whether you or your spouse will be allowed to move with your children out of state without the other spouse’s permission, or without court approval?

The lawyers at the law firm of Pallarino & Bogan, L.L.P., can give you the help you need with your interstate custody, relocation, and support issues. We have more than 45 combined years of experience in Morristown, New Jersey, representing clients in relocation and many other family law related areas.

The Law of Interstate Custody and Relocation

There are two main laws that regulate in this area:

  • The Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act: This is a uniform state law, adopted by New Jersey in 2004, which governs State courts’ jurisdiction regarding child custody orders, and requires State courts to honor other State courts’ custody and parenting time orders, including modifications.
  • The Uniform Interstate Family Support Act: This act regulates interstate and international support issues, including the state’s power to modify and enforce child support orders.

When one parent wants to move the child out of state, that parent needs to get approval from the child’s other parent, or from the court. Our attorneys have experience with interstate custody, so we can help negotiate with your spouse, or represent you in the court proceedings, whatever it takes to help you get the interstate relocation order you need.

Knowledge is Power ∙ Contact Us ∙ 973-539-1140

We pride ourselves on educating our clients. You will never be left out in the cold during your representation. If you need legal help with your interstate relocation case in Morris County, Somerset County, Union County, Essex County, Passaic County, Bergen County, Sussex County, Warren County, Hunterdon County, Hudson County, or Middlesex County, New Jersey, contact us today.